Medical Insurance Billing Specialists
LPL Medical Billing started in 1994 as a billing service focused on the unique needs of mental health providers. LPL has worked to assist providers in collecting the revenue they have earned in a timely manner. The need for our service developed from the ever increasing complexity and difficulty associated with psychiatric billing and the managed care system. LPL relieves providers of time-consuming administrative and personnel issues so they can devote more time to their practices.
The LPL Medical Billing Services difference?
LPL Medical Billing Services exclusively supports Psychiatric or Behavioral Health Practices.
- LPL Medical Billing Services has experience assisting offices with 5 – 5000 patients.
- LPL Medical Billing Services verifies mental health benefits for each patient (outpatient and inpatient services).
- LPL Medical Billing Services obtains all co-payments and deductibles.
- LPL Medical Billing Services obtains authorizations and keeps track of all visits for each patient.
- LPL Medical Billing Services does the follow up on all claims.
- LPL Medical Billing Services pays for itself through reduced “in-house” time and money.
Lachee P. Lewis is the principal and founder of LPL Medical Billing. She formerly consulted with a practice management software company where she provided technical support to over 100 physicians’ offices in the mid-Atlantic states. Prior to this position she managed a psychiatric practice for ten years. For LPL, Lachee coordinates and manages the implementation and initial practice set-up. She trains the office staff and provider in the use of our system and services. She is experienced and qualified in evaluating your current office procedures and develop a plan to help improve efficiency and functionality in your office. Lachee has a degree in Business and Economics from Boston University, Boston, MA.
Katie R. is operations manager to LPL Medical Billing. A former nursing home administrator, Katie has a BA in health care management from the University of Maryland. He manages the day-to-day operations, including the computer systems and accounting for the company.
Leah joined LPL Medical Billing in 2000 as a Reimbursement Specialist/Senior Account Manager. She oversees the billing for multi-specialty and hospital groups, servicing accounts throughout the United States. Her no-nonsense approach to dealing with difficult insurance companies has served her clients well over the past 7 years.